- 310 - Product Engineering
- Marengo, IL, USA
- Full Time
UniCarriers is growing! Consider a fulfilling career at a company where you can progress professionally with your level of expertise.
Don't let your career go stagnant; take the next step and join our team!
The Engineer I role is responsible for being involved in all aspects of forklift trucks that involve standards, including but not limited to product development, product support, field issues, and cost savings. Essential responsibilities include:
- Knowledgeable of all standards governing forklift trucks, including state, federal, and international regulations and standards.
- Monitors industry standards, reviews upcoming proposed changes and incorporated changes and how they affect current production forklift trucks and/or future projects.
- Purchases standards when applicable.
- Attends standard meetings (e.g. ITA) as required. Reports developments.
- Becomes involved in standards subcommittees and review teams as needed.
- Provides input for interpretations of standards. Contacts sources for interpretations when needed.
- Review project test lists to ensure that all required testing is being addressed.
- Coordinate with UL (or similar entities) for opening, editing, and closing files, and associated costs.
- Coordinate, schedule, and participate in UL (or similar entities) pre-investigation and witness testing. Assist in coordinating suppliers as needed (e.g. controller manufacturer for faulted controllers for Burnout and LVLE testing). Coordinates component testing as required (e.g. cover material flame testing).
- Always acts in a professional and courteous manner, representing UCA's highest standards of business conduct; exhibits a positive attitude, sharing information with co-workers as appropriate and works to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
- Prefer design and development experience in the forklift or related industries including automotive and heavy industrial equipment.
- Prefer previous experience with government, industry, and international standards.
- Prefer project management and supervisory experience.
UCA's corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Marengo, IL which is about 30 miles east of Rockford and approx. 30 miles west of Schaumburg.
While the UniCarriers name has only been around a short while, the story of our company is, in reality, the history of three companies that span more than 100 years.
- Barrett Industrial Trucks was founded in 1914, and was a pioneer in bringing a new generation of electric powered equipment to the material handling market.
- TCM founded the forklift manufacturing industry in Japan, producing the first ever Japan-made forklift in 1949.
- Nissan Forklift began operations in 1957. With its acquisition of Barrett in 1988, it became the first Japanese manufacturer of all five classes of material handling equipment in the U.S.
Today, UniCarriers provides forklifts throughout the world. The UniCarriers Americas facility in Marengo, Illinois, sets the standard for forklift manufacturing. And we continue to push the envelope, bringing new technology and innovation to our equipment...and the material handling industry.
UniCarriers employs over 4,400 employees worldwide. UCA offers its employees and their families a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package. Benefits that are offered to employees and their families include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401(K) Savings Plan (Including company match)
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending /Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holidays