- 310 - Product Engineering
- Marengo, IL, USA
- Full Time
UniCarriers Americas Corporation
UniCarriers is growing! Consider a fulfilling career at a company where you can progress professionally with your level of expertise.
Don't let your career go stagnant; take the next step and join our team!
The Project Engineer (Structural) role is responsible for advanced Engineering design for new product development, building and testing of prototypes and implementation of product into production and aftermarket. Essential responsibilities include:
- Manage projects cross-functionally.
- Responsible for design related tasks associated with projects.
- Assists in building and testing of prototypes. Works with vendor to apply latest technology.
- Organizes and analyzes test and design analysis dates.
- Ensures specifications are met during development stage by coordinating efforts with Manufacturing, Service, Compliance and Marketing departments.
- Supports design through implementation phase of product into production and aftermarket.
- Seeks to reduce costs through Value Analysis activity in coordination with accounting, manufacturing, supplier development and purchasing.
- Verifies work of engineering personnel including layout designs, drawings and calculations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Preferred: 2 to 5 years of progressive design engineering experience in a forklift or heavy equipment (mining, agricultural, construction, etc...) industry
- Knowledge of structural design, hydraulic circuit and component design and electrical drive systems
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Office and CAD proficiency
- Project management experience preferred (Not required)
UCA's corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Marengo, IL which is about 30 miles east of Rockford and approx. 30 miles west of Schaumburg.
While the UniCarriers name has only been around a short while, the story of our company is, in reality, the history of three companies that span more than 100 years.
- Barrett Industrial Trucks was founded in 1914, and was a pioneer in bringing a new generation of electric powered equipment to the material handling market.
- TCM founded the forklift manufacturing industry in Japan, producing the first ever Japan-made forklift in 1949.
- Nissan Forklift began operations in 1957. With its acquisition of Barrett in 1988, it became the first Japanese manufacturer of all five classes of material handling equipment in the U.S.
UniCarriers employs over 4,400 employees worldwide. UCA offers its employees and their families a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package. Benefits that are offered to employees and their families include:
Today, UniCarriers provides forklifts throughout the world. The UniCarriers Americas facility in Marengo, Illinois, sets the standard for forklift manufacturing. And we continue to push the envelope, bringing new technology and innovation to our equipment...and the material handling industry.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401(K) Savings Plan (Including company match)
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending /Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holidays