- 500 - Product Management
- Marengo, IL, USA
- Full Time
UniCarriers Americas Corporation
Product Management Professionals- UniCarriers is expanding its product management team! Sales have doubled since 2010 and now our product management department is about to double. Working at UniCarriers offers you the opportunity to:
- Own: Own your product by managing your entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to EOL.
- Define: Define market requirements for current and future products.
- Lead: Collaborate with product and project cross-functional teams.
- Plan: Develop and implement go-to-market plans.
- Advance: Advanced Opportunities with a Growing Company.
Don't let your career go stagnant; take the next step and join our team!
As a product manager, you will be the "business unit" owner of a product line with clearly defined revenue, market share and profitability targets. Your responsibility extends from increasing revenue and profit on existing products to a new product roadmap that grows your product segments' market share. This position is responsible for developing products from existing ideas, as well as to develop new ideas based on market research, industry experience and contacts with customers, prospects and dealers. You must be able to effectively communicate with all areas of the company. As a product manager, you will work with a cross functional team including a project manager throughout the duration of the project. You will be a key contributor throughout UniCarriers' StageGate process. Success in this position will require a unique blend of business, entrepreneurship and technical understanding with a drive to make your vision into reality. Primary, responsibilities and duties include:
- Manage your entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and dealers.
- Own UniCarriers' innovation roadmap to deliver new technologies and innovation to existing and new products
- Drive a solution set across development teams (primarily Product Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications at both UC-Americas and UC-Japan) through market requirements, stage-gate commercialization process, and through start of sales/shipping judgement.
- Work with the marketing department to define a product's go-to-market plan that requires defining the product's positioning, key benefits and target customer segments.
- Analyze and recommend potential partner relationships for any appropriate OEM products.
- Assist in all business management and development activities for the assigned product group.
- Drive development and execution of brand and pricing strategies.
- Liaison between Sales, Finance, Engineering, Project Management, Inside Sales, I.S., Production Planning, Supplier Management, Operations, Quality Control, Manufacturing and other internal groups to help drive business strategies.
- Provide product positioning training and materials to sales department, both inside and outside.
- Identify opportunities for lead generation and support marketing in creating marketing collateral like case studies, data sheets, whitepapers, FAQ, feature or benefit sheets, etc.
- Support dealers with product training.
- Work with cross-functional management teams, when necessary, to execute benchmarking studies, offering assistance in analysis and determining actionable recommendations.
- Provide continuous analysis of key market indicators and their influence on company sales activities.
- Support cross-functional activity with regards to Customer Satisfaction metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical, Business or Marketing.
- Minimum 5 years of Experience in product management experience with analytical and/or competitive intelligence gathering experience required
- Experience in Product Management role at a capital equipment manufacture desired
- Self-starter with track record in new product initiatives and company projects. Must possess the ability to handle difficult demanding situations and multiple priorities.
- Technical Skills: Strong database management skills desired for this position. High technical understanding and capabilities working with industrial machinery and/or automotive products.
- Previous Project Management experience a plus.
UCA's corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Marengo, IL which is about 30 miles east of Rockford and approx. 30 miles west of Schaumburg.
While the UniCarriers name has only been around a short while, the story of our company is, in reality, the history of three companies that span more than 100 years.
- Barrett Industrial Trucks was founded in 1914, and was a pioneer in bringing a new generation of electric powered equipment to the material handling market.
- TCM founded the forklift manufacturing industry in Japan, producing the first ever Japan-made forklift in 1949.
- Nissan Forklift began operations in 1957. With its acquisition of Barrett in 1988, it became the first Japanese manufacturer of all five classes of material handling equipment in the U.S.
Today, UniCarriers provides forklifts throughout the world. The UniCarriers Americas facility in Marengo, Illinois, sets the standard for forklift manufacturing. And we continue to push the envelope, bringing new technology and innovation to our equipment...and the material handling industry.
UniCarriers employs over 4,400 employees worldwide. UCA offers its employees and their families a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package. Benefits that are offered to employees and their families include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401(K) Savings Plan (Including company match)
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending /Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holidays