- 420 - Manufacturing Engineering
- Marengo, IL, USA
- Full Time
Manufacturing Engineer - Fabrication
UniCarriers Americas Corporation
UniCarriers is growing! Consider a fulfilling career at a company where you can progress professionally with your level of expertise. Manufacturing Engineer employees have to opportunity to contribute by:
- Independently seeking complex projects through process improvement and new equipment implementation
- Providing support to production through exhibiting troubleshooting methods
- Innovative problem solving
Don't let your career go stagnant; take the next step and join our team!
The position is a Manufacturing Engineering role to support the Fabrication of Fork Lifts. The individual will support CNC, Press Brakes, cutting lasers, and both manual and automated welding processes. The job setting is a team environment and will work cross functionally with other departments on both current product demands as well as new model launches. Essential duties:
- Develop and Process Work Instructions
- Ability to work with factory personnel and hands on with manufacturing work cells
- Machine Programming
- ERP Planning: Mfg. Routes, Material Requirements, Part Locations, etc.
- Tooling Design for CNC work Holding and Weld Fixtures
- Work Cell Layout for optimized material flow
- Part cost estimating
- Process Engineering Changes and Truck Modifications for Fabrication
- Identify and Calculate ROI for potential fabrication improvements
- Develop CAPEX documentation for future Investments
- The ability to work effectively with people
- Demonstrated Experience with fabrication processes: Laser, CNC, Press Brake, Welding, etc.
- CAD experience: AutoCAD mandatory, 3D experience is a plus
- Ability to interrupt drawings
- Working knowledge of CNC G:Code
- Working Knowledge of ERP software, Microsoft AX is a plus
- Have the ability to learn new processes
- Kaizen experience is a plus
- An individual with an optimistic personality and positive outlook
- Good planning skills with the ability to work independently
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree Engineering Discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, or similar)
UCA's corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Marengo, IL which is about 30 miles east of Rockford and approx. 30 miles west of Schaumburg.
While the UniCarriers name has only been around a short while, the story of our company is, in reality, the history of three companies that span more than 100 years.
- Barrett Industrial Trucks was founded in 1914, and was a pioneer in bringing a new generation of electric powered equipment to the material handling market.
- TCM founded the forklift manufacturing industry in Japan, producing the first ever Japan-made forklift in 1949.
- Nissan Forklift began operations in 1957. With its acquisition of Barrett in 1988, it became the first Japanese manufacturer of all five classes of material handling equipment in the U.S.UniCarriers employs over 4,400 employees worldwide. UCA offers its employees and their families a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package. Benefits that are offered to employees and their families include:
Today, UniCarriers provides forklifts throughout the world. The UniCarriers Americas facility in Marengo, Illinois, sets the standard for forklift manufacturing. And we continue to push the envelope, bringing new technology and innovation to our equipment...and the material handling industry.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401(K) Savings Plan (Including company match)
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending /Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holidays