- 551 - Technical Publication
- Marengo, IL, USA
- Full Time
Technical Parts Content Publisher
UniCarriers Americas Corporation
UniCarriers is growing! Consider a fulfilling career at a company where you can progress professionally with your level of expertise.
Don't let your career go stagnant; take the next step and join our team!
- Responsible for the creation/updating of publications.
- Production of external publications (Parts manuals) as required, in coordination with Manager, Technical Publications.
- Directs the creation of drawings incorporated into Parts manuals.
- Study drawings, specifications and existing product manuals to determine subject material to be developed or edited.
- Assist with reviewing all ECNs provided through Lotus Notes for required updates to Parts & Service manuals, ensuring changes are made to all affected publications both online and offline as required, based on available information.
- Assist with creating/updating of all other publications.
- Assist with corporate projects.
- Always acts in a professional and courteous manner, representing UCA's highest standards of business conduct; exhibits a positive attitude, sharing information with co-workers as appropriate and works to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
- Assist with adding/updating/editing documentation online.
- Bachelor's degree in a science or technology field is preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience creating publications or parts technical inquiries in the forklift industry or in an automotive or heavy industrial equipment environment is preferred, minimum one year experience.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills required along with a demonstrated teamwork attitude.
- Desktop publishing and database management experience.
- Software including Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) Microsoft Office.
- Be able to read Engineering drawings.
UCA's corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Marengo, IL which is about 30 miles east of Rockford and approx. 30 miles west of Schaumburg.
While the UniCarriers name has only been around a short while, the story of our company is, in reality, the history of three companies that span more than 100 years.
- Barrett Industrial Trucks was founded in 1914, and was a pioneer in bringing a new generation of electric powered equipment to the material handling market.
- TCM founded the forklift manufacturing industry in Japan, producing the first ever Japan-made forklift in 1949.
- Nissan Forklift began operations in 1957. With its acquisition of Barrett in 1988, it became the first Japanese manufacturer of all five classes of material handling equipment in the U.S. UniCarriers employs over 4,400 employees worldwide. UCA offers its employees and their families a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package. Benefits that are offered to employees and their families include:
Today, UniCarriers provides forklifts throughout the world. The UniCarriers Americas facility in Marengo, Illinois, sets the standard for forklift manufacturing. And we continue to push the envelope, bringing new technology and innovation to our equipment...and the material handling industry.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401(K) Savings Plan (Including company match)
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending /Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holidays