- 491 - Facilities & Maintenance
- Marengo, IL, USA
- Full Time
UniCarriers Americas Corporation
UniCarriers is growing! Consider a fulfilling career at a company where you can progress professionally with your level of expertise.
Don't let your career go stagnant; take the next step and join our team!
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining the facility and equipment so that disruptions to the operation of the factory and office are prevented and a safe environment is maintained. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs facility equipment and preventative maintenance.
- Plan procedures, install and repair all production and building equipment and related operation involved in repairing buildings, power and light circuits and electronic controls.
- Diagnoses maintenance related problems to determine the extent of repairs necessary.
- Performs necessary maintenance related equipment repairs including removal, replacement and adjustments of equipment.
- Estimates labor time for repairs and requisitions repair parts, when required.
- Performs necessary welding and sheet metal operations required to make maintenance repairs or replacement components.
- Consistently does an excellent job, output is unusually high and exceptionally fast, and rarely makes errors or creates reject work.
- Is always dependable, arrives on time, does not leave early and does not miss work unless an emergency or an approved situation.
- Always observes safe work practices and rules, has no accidents and wears personal protective equipment.
- Participates in UCA's Suggestion Program (STAR) by submitting product improvement or safety ideas.
- High School Diploma or GED desired with minimum of Three year experience in plant maintenance.
- Requires mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess the ability to handle difficult and demanding situations and multiple priorities.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills along with a demonstrated teamwork attitude.
- Certifications in equipment maintenance and repair including electrical and hydraulic diagnostics.
- Minimum Microsoft Office including Word & Excel; familiarity with MP2 or similar facility planning software.
UniCarriers Americas Corporation (UCA) has been proudly producing material handling equipment in its expanded facility since the 1980's. UCA's corporate headquarters and Manufacturing facility is located in Marengo, IL which is about (30) miles east of Rockford and (60) miles northwest of Chicago. UniCarriers is a fully integrated (laser, fabrication, robotic weld, powder paint & assembly) manufacturer of Nissan, TCM & Barrett forklifts. UniCarriers employees over 4,400 employees worldwide.
UCA offers its employees and their families a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Benefits that are offered to employees and their families include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401(K) Savings Plan (Including company match)
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending /Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holidays