- 210 - Accounting & Finance
- Marengo, IL, USA
- Full Time
Accounts Payable Coordinator
UniCarriers Americas Corporation
Don't let your career go stagnant; take the next step and join our team!
Processes invoices in a timely and accurate manner to ensure timely payments and to maximize cash discounts. The Accounts Payable Coordinator job requirements are listed below:
- Processes vendor invoices, reviewing for appropriate documentation and verifying quantities and prices.
- Resolve discrepancies quickly so that invoices are paid timely.
- Organize invoice processing to ensure timely payment and to take advantage of cash discounts.
- Process payments to vendor via check or electronic payment.
- Responsible for vendor file maintenance.
- Assist with month end close process by preparing journal entries, monitoring accruals and performing reconciliations.
- Prompt and reliable attendance with availability to work overtime to keep up with all accounting deadlines.
- Cross train in other areas to improve the operating efficiency of A/P.
- Perpetually acts and responds in a professional and courteous manner, representing UCA's highest standards of business conduct; exhibiting a positive attitude, sharing information with co-workers as appropriate, and work to promote a cooperative and productive teamwork environment.
- An expert on the job makes the most of knowledge, experience, and works to learn new duties; assists with the training of others, and adapts to changed conditions quickly and easily.
- Minimum one-year experience in a large customer service environment handling accounts payable or related accounting/billing procedures.
- Position requires good verbal, written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Computer literate/knowledge of Microsoft Office software specifically Excel.
UCA's corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Marengo, IL which is about 30 miles east of Rockford and approx. 30 miles west of Schaumburg.
While the UniCarriers name has only been around a short while, the story of our company is, in reality, the history of three companies that span more than 100 years.
- Barrett Industrial Trucks was founded in 1914, and was a pioneer in bringing a new generation of electric powered equipment to the material handling market.
- TCM founded the forklift manufacturing industry in Japan, producing the first ever Japan-made forklift in 1949.
- Nissan Forklift began operations in 1957. With its acquisition of Barrett in 1988, it became the first Japanese manufacturer of all five classes of material handling equipment in the U.S.
Today, UniCarriers provides forklifts throughout the world. The UniCarriers Americas facility in Marengo, Illinois, sets the standard for forklift manufacturing. And we continue to push the envelope, bringing new technology and innovation to our equipment...and the material handling industry. UniCarriers employs over 4,400 employees worldwide. UCA offers its employees and their families a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package. Benefits that are offered to employees and their families include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401(K) Savings Plan (Including company match)
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending /Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holidays