- 220 - Information Systems
- Marengo, IL, USA
- Full Time
Technical Support Specialist
UniCarriers Americas Corporation
UniCarriers is growing! Consider a fulfilling career at a company where you can progress professionally with your level of expertise. Don't let your career go stagnant; take the next step and join our team!
Provides hardware and software technical support to IS users; supports network infrastructure, voice and data administration. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Installs hardware, software and related components for desktop, laptop, network, midrange computers and telephone systems including voice mail and paging.
- Interfaces with vendors in the support of hardware, software, Internet, telecommunications and wireless services.
- Coordinates with users timely and accurate installation of hardware and software.
- Performs diagnostic services for resolution of hardware and software problems.
- Coordinates with vendor in problem resolutions to minimize downtime.
- Staffs Help Desk and acts to continually improve service level by coordinating resolutions to caller concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains IS documentation of IS procedures and other information useful to the smooth and efficient operation of IS.
- Provides assistance to direct users and assists with daily systems support.
- Scheduled work hours may vary and requires after-hours.
- Responsible for accurate inventory of hardware & software
- Always acts in a professional and courteous manner, representing UCA's highest standards of business conduct; exhibits a positive attitude, sharing information with co-workers as appropriate and works to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
- Associates Degree in Information Systems or a minimum of two years troubleshooting hardware/software technical products.
- Position requires demonstrated excellent customer service skills, problem solving abilities and excellent administrative and record-keeping skills.
- Minimum Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010; Lotus Notes and other software packages.
UniCarriers Americas Corporation (UCA) has been proudly producing material handling equipment in its expanded facility since the 1980's. UCA's corporate headquarters and Manufacturing facility is located in Marengo, IL which is about (30) miles east of Rockford and (60) miles northwest of Chicago. UniCarriers is a fully integrated (laser, fabrication, robotic weld, powder paint & assembly) manufacturer of Nissan, TCM & Barrett forklifts. UniCarriers employees over 4,400 employees worldwide.
UCA offers its employees and their families a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Benefits that are offered to employees and their families include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401(K) Savings Plan (Including company match)
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending /Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holidays