- 435 - Quality Engineering
- Marengo, IL, USA
- Full Time
UniCarriers Americas Corporation
Quality Professionals- UniCarriers is growing! Consider a fulfilling career at a company where you can progress professionally with your level of expertise. Working at UniCarriers could give you the opportunity to contribute to:
- A Wide-Variety of Investigative Problem Solving
- Advanced Technological Measuring Processes
- Establishing your own Daily Priorities
Don't let your career go stagnant; take the next step and join our team!
The Quality Technician will be responsible for ensuring the quality system meets customer and company requirements while preserving an environment with customers, suppliers and other departments that fosters a high level of commitment to constant improvement in quality, cost and delivery. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Leads teams in the completion of continuous improvement projects within assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Conducts process audits to ensure that manufacturing processes are clearly defined, understood and followed.
- Performs measurement system analysis as applicable to ensure accuracy and repeatability of gauging suitable for its application.
- Writes, edits and performs CMM programs based on engineering prints or functional alignments utilizing standard GD&T methodologies (PC-DMIS).
- Identifies assignable causes of excess variation where a process is unstable or out of control and leads problem solving teams to bring the process into control.
- Actively participates in 5S activities and continuously strives for a visually acceptable workplace.
- Verifies and reports on product conformity to current blueprints and design specifications (engineering standards). Documents inspection results of inspected product, utilizing inspection check sheets or forms.
- Minimum 2 years of quality inspector experience in a heavy industrial, automotive or durable medical equipment environment
- Minimum 3-5 year of quality lab experience with blue print reading knowledge
- Is always dependable, arrives on time, does not leave early and does not miss work unless an emergency or an approved situation.
- Experience with PC-DMIS
- High school diploma or GED with an aptitude in math courses
UCA's corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Marengo, IL which is about 30 miles east of Rockford and approx. 30 miles west of Schaumburg.
While the UniCarriers name has only been around a short while, the story of our company is, in reality, the history of three companies that span more than 100 years.
- Barrett Industrial Trucks was founded in 1914, and was a pioneer in bringing a new generation of electric powered equipment to the material handling market.
- TCM founded the forklift manufacturing industry in Japan, producing the first ever Japan-made forklift in 1949.
- Nissan Forklift began operations in 1957. With its acquisition of Barrett in 1988, it became the first Japanese manufacturer of all five classes of material handling equipment in the U.S.UniCarriers employs over 4,400 employees worldwide. UCA offers its employees and their families a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package. Benefits that are offered to employees and their families include:
Today, UniCarriers provides forklifts throughout the world. The UniCarriers Americas facility in Marengo, Illinois, sets the standard for forklift manufacturing. And we continue to push the envelope, bringing new technology and innovation to our equipment...and the material handling industry.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401(K) Savings Plan (Including company match)
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending /Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holidays