- 310 - Product Engineering
- Marengo, IL, USA
- Full Time
UniCarriers Americas Corporation
UniCarriers is growing! Consider a fulfilling career at a company where you can progress professionally with your level of expertise.
Don't let your career go stagnant; take the next step and join our team!
- Takes new ideas or concepts and fit them into the overall design.
- Designs or redesigns new or old products and to incorporates creative and cost effective ideas in the overall machine layout. Analyze each part or system of the machine to ensure its strength, compatibility, reliability and durability.
- Reviews designs or ideas from designers or drafters for integrity and correctness.
- Orders detail prints from drafting and check final prints.
- Writes bills of material.
- Guides designers and CAD Operators on particular project(s) and analysis.
- Makes layouts and detail drawings utilizing the current Engineering CAD software.
- Considers cost, manufacturability, salability, and serviceability in the designs.
- Coordinates with Supplier Management in sourcing vendors for purchased parts including design and quality issues.
- Organizes the design portion of projects, create a short-term schedules, and prioritize work on systems or components.
- Reviews drawings, designs, machining and welding processes with M.E., ensure cost effective and manufacturable parts.
- Participates in Project meetings with teams from all departments.
- Resolves problems with production parts or processes.
- Performs assembly of prototypes or getting parts completed or delivered for assembly.
- Participates in Engineering Task Force concerning ongoing procedures or specifications.
- Writes test requests and specifies test methods.
- Applies engineering principles to the design of structures used in frames and accessories of forklift equipment, including parts supporting major components of hydraulic, and electrical systems.
- Implements the design of systems including major components.
- Designs use of layouts to document development of concepts and to verify fit-up of components.
- Completion of timely review, analyses and appropriate dispositions of all assigned Suggestions.
- Always acts in a professional and courteous manner, representing UCA's highest standards of business conduct; exhibits a positive attitude, sharing information with co-workers as appropriate and works to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
- Participate in Value-up program committees.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Three to five years designing forklifts or other related equipment, mobile hydraulic equipment and associated support systems strongly preferred.
- Value analysis experience; demonstrated experience in component and product design.
- Proficiency with layout design, applied physics and engineering principles, analytical solutions, creative problem solving.
- Good verbal and written communications skills required along with a demonstrated teamwork attitude.
UCA's corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Marengo, IL which is about 30 miles east of Rockford and approx. 30 miles west of Schaumburg.
While the UniCarriers name has only been around a short while, the story of our company is, in reality, the history of three companies that span more than 100 years.
- Barrett Industrial Trucks was founded in 1914, and was a pioneer in bringing a new generation of electric powered equipment to the material handling market.
- TCM founded the forklift manufacturing industry in Japan, producing the first ever Japan-made forklift in 1949.
- Nissan Forklift began operations in 1957. With its acquisition of Barrett in 1988, it became the first Japanese manufacturer of all five classes of material handling equipment in the U.S. UniCarriers employs over 4,400 employees worldwide. UCA offers its employees and their families a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package. Benefits that are offered to employees and their families include:
Today, UniCarriers provides forklifts throughout the world. The UniCarriers Americas facility in Marengo, Illinois, sets the standard for forklift manufacturing. And we continue to push the envelope, bringing new technology and innovation to our equipment...and the material handling industry.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401(K) Savings Plan (Including company match)
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending /Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holidays