- 800 - Mast Welding
- Marengo, IL, USA
- Full Time
UniCarriers Americas Corporation
Manufacturing Professionals- UniCarriers is growing! Consider a fulfilling career at a company where you can progress professionally with your level of expertise. Working at UniCarriers could give you the opportunity to contribute to:
- Technically Challenging Projects
- Continuous Change/Innovative Design
- Cross Competency Development and Skill Enhancement
Don't let your career go stagnant; take the next step and join our team!
The Supervisor, Mast Welding will be responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Supervisory Accountabilities: Supervises and provides leadership, coaching, guidance, training, and staff development. Interviews and selects unit employees. Plans and evaluates employee performance; counsels and disciplines employees as necessary; and monitors time and attendance of subordinates.
- Supervises a workgroup of production technicians; provides guidance, leadership, and motivation to ensure productivity goals are achieved; develops and implements training programs to meet current and future quality and productivity goals. Promotes a teamwork environment and builds positive employee relations. Promotes a pro company atmosphere.
- Resolves production issues relating to quality concerns in assigned zone; reviews quality check logs, final line/PDI, water leak and VES-E sheets to identify and provide countermeasures to quality issues and concerns within assigned zone.
- Develops and adjusts manpower and equipment requirements and job layouts due to changes in line speed and production requirements; maintains and updates all documentation such as standard operation sheets and process sheets, ILU charts.
- Investigates all safety and ergonomic issues that occur in assigned zone; verifies implementation of all countermeasures. Ensures and maintains ISO9000 and ISO14000 compliance for assigned zone. Ensures assembly line efficiency and neatness, and minimizes downtime.
- Controls operating supply usage for assigned zone to maintain adherence to budget; ensures targets to reduce scrap costs are met; maintains scrap budget within cost per unit.
- Provides production technicians with tools needed to do their jobs, including information, job allocations, training, equipment, and any other needed support.
- Prepares reports and charts showing assigned area's progress regarding production, quality, safety, scrap, attendance, and budgetary compliance.
- Ensures departmental goals of quality, cost, delivery, and safety are met and maintains atmosphere of trust and positive morale for assigned zone.
- Continuous participation and implementation of Kaizen projects.
- Associates degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Production or related field or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of welding/fabrication experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience with at least 5 direct reports
UCA's corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Marengo, IL which is about 30 miles east of Rockford and approx. 30 miles west of Schaumburg.
While the UniCarriers name has only been around a short while, the story of our company is, in reality, the history of three companies that span more than 100 years.
- Barrett Industrial Trucks was founded in 1914, and was a pioneer in bringing a new generation of electric powered equipment to the material handling market.
- TCM founded the forklift manufacturing industry in Japan, producing the first ever Japan-made forklift in 1949.
- Nissan Forklift began operations in 1957. With its acquisition of Barrett in 1988, it became the first Japanese manufacturer of all five classes of material handling equipment in the U.S.
Today, UniCarriers provides forklifts throughout the world. The UniCarriers Americas facility in Marengo, Illinois, sets the standard for forklift manufacturing. And we continue to push the envelope, bringing new technology and innovation to our equipment...and the material handling industry.
UniCarriers employs over 4,400 employees worldwide. UCA offers its employees and their families a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package. Benefits that are offered to employees and their families include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401(K) Savings Plan (Including company match)
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending /Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Nissan Vehicle Discounts